Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Soylent Green Is People



This just in from my friend Bronni.* The following email conversation then ensued:

On 26/10/2005, at 1:52 PM, Bronwyn wrote:

It's pretty damn weird if you ask me....even if it isn't made out of Linda McCartney, why anyone would buy health food recommended by a dead person is beyond me. Call me old fashioned.


On 26/10/05 1:56 PM, Peter wrote:

Colonel Sanders and Linda McCartney should get together and form a chain called 'It Tastes Like Chicken'

On 26/10/2005, at 2:03 PM, Bronwyn wrote:

Or a band, "It Sounds Like Chicken" or a double act "It Sounds Like Chicken" with WINGS.


On 26/10/05 2:06 PM, Peter wrote:

Or just 'Chicken Wings' maybe.

It would certainly give new meaning to 'Finger Lickin' Good!'



*Who also gets credit for the headline. See, I just steal all my wit from other people who don't have blogs.


11 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's been dead an awfully long time. If it is made out of her, she's not going to taste very good.

October 26, 2005 4:52 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

anne arkham - I bet she was pumped full of preservatives though.

anaglyph - Don't think I'll be looking for this one in my grocery store. I also prefer my food to be recommended by the living.

October 26, 2005 7:46 PM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Supposedly these contain no meat, egg or dairy ingredients. I've not found any denials regarding eponymous content.

And uh, Anne? What's your reference frame for comparison here?

October 26, 2005 10:55 PM  
Blogger Joe Fuel said...

See! This is why I don't eat sausage! There's no telling what's in it.

Yeesh...

October 26, 2005 10:56 PM  
Blogger nina h.pixie said...

A few years ago when dAS and I were visiting London we were driving around in our RV trying to find some shops to buy some food to prepare and ended up at a Tesco and saw those Linda McCartney dinners. I hesitated for a moment thinking-- well, they say they're "healthier than most frozen dinners". Maybe it was the fact that on our little camping stove they took over an hour to cook, but I was not impressed. We ended up going out about an hour later and grabbing a real meal at some roadside cafe that I rate at about 1 star on a 5 star scale, but somehow even that tasted better than the McCartney food. Bleh.

October 27, 2005 4:06 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Forget veggie sausage, I found a sweet entry in the human-food group: The Candy Lady. Anaglyph - this babe's for you.

October 27, 2005 6:30 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Food is just plain weird these days. LM died of cancer, didn't she? Maybe it's just the dietitian in me that shudders at the association...

October 27, 2005 7:19 AM  
Blogger anaglyph said...

Jam: Very nearly there, but I'm afraid it would have to be a Dark Chocolate Babe for me.

October 27, 2005 8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RaJ: I'm from Chicago.

October 27, 2005 8:50 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Anne, sorry. Don't know why I didn't make that connection. Probably from eating too much chocolate.

Anaglyph - check.

October 27, 2005 11:55 AM  
Blogger Leon of Sydney said...

I remember seeing those Linda McCartney "meat replacement" products in Sainsburys in London. Just plain freaky. You've put a much more macabre spin on it.

October 27, 2005 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home