Thursday, February 23, 2006

Four Legs Good, 100 Legs... er...



If you read boingboing you probably caught this article about a guy who found a Venezuelan centipede in his London home. Well that's all disgusting enough.

But I'm watching David Attenborough's 'Life in the Undergrowth' just now and he told me the real dirt on these foot-long beasts.

They catch bats in flight and eat them. Bats. Seriously. They climb up a cave wall, and hang there to catch a passing bat. And they're poisonous.

It makes cockroaches look kinda cute.

9 comments:

Blogger Chickie said...

Eek! I get that watery feeling in my mouth like I'm going to vomit when reading about these things.

They make cockroaches look downright cuddly.

February 24, 2006 12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang.

February 24, 2006 2:45 AM  
Blogger Joe Fuel said...

Am I the only one that thinks that's kind of cool?

February 24, 2006 3:18 AM  
Blogger Sefton said...

Where can I get one that catches cockroaches?

February 24, 2006 3:19 AM  
Blogger JillWrites said...

cooooooool.

February 24, 2006 5:18 AM  
Blogger anaglyph said...

jedimacfan: Yeah, see, that's the evidence that there is no God. You'd feel OK about these things if they had some redeeming feature. It's like how the two great feral pests of country Australia are serrated tussock and rabbits. If the rabbits ate only the serrated tussock, no problem! But the rabbits eat everything except serrated tussock.

Joe: Yes.

February 24, 2006 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Mr Attenborough immemsely. In the spider episode he jumps when one of them lunges for him, then giggles. How endearing is that?

February 24, 2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger Joey Polanski said...

I woonta figgerd it possible, but I think ya foun th only dumb crittr that atchualy dserves t die.

February 24, 2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Joe Fuel said...

Well, fine. I'm alright with that.

February 25, 2006 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home