Monday, June 27, 2005

Evil Genius

I'm amusing myself at the moment by reading these wonderful Tales From the Help Desk from an employee of a Really big Internet service Provider (RIP). Like this:
Customer: "I think I may have forgotten the password... but I'm not sure if I have or not. Can you tell me if I did?"

Operator: "Yes, I can test that for you at this end. What's the password you're entering?"

Customer: "I don't know."

Operator: "...In that case, I think you've forgotten it."
If ever you need to be reminded how stupid people can be, you need only to read something from here. In the FAQ from the site:
Are the stories really true?

Yes. Every story on this site happened. The calls were all taken by me or co-workers.
I particularly like the 'They SAY... they MEAN...' section. Enjoy.

[Link]

3 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just been glancing through "Confessions of a guide in Tuscany" where a young Italian lad guiding groups of North Americans recounts his - and their - exploits. My favourite so far -Tourist: "You Italians like fast food a lot" Young Italian: "Yes, recently KFC, Mcdonalds etc have opened here to accommodate tourists" Tourist: "No I mean all the pizza joints - you Italians sure like pizza."

June 28, 2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for this link, it has kept me amused for days. I love the comments.
HooRoo
Bec

June 30, 2005 10:40 PM  
Blogger anaglyph said...

I pretty much pray to God to get connected too. Praying to God/calling on Telstra - about as much chance of getting anything happening either way...

July 12, 2005 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home