Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Handsome is...



A Beautiful Thing

Don't you remember that snowy December when we went to see "Singing in the Rain"? I shouldn't have smuggled in that bottle of gin because after the film, I could barely walk. But, darling don't you know it's only human to want to kill a beautiful thing. When I was seven summer lasted forever. I used to chase fire flies through the woods. Tiny green lights circling warm August nights. I'd catch them inside a washed-out old jar. I dreamed of the stars with the jar by my bed, but each morning my pretty bugs were dead. We should have been dancing like lovers in a movie, but I fell and cut my head in the snow. I wanted to tell you all the ways that I loved you but, instead I got sick on the train ~
Rennie Sparks, The Handsome Family.

The Cow Instructs: Go to the Handsome Family's site and buy their music. [Link]

5 comments:

Blogger Joe Fuel said...

or, you can purchase their CDs from the iTunes Music Store.

August 18, 2005 6:17 AM  
Blogger anaglyph said...

Ah, Joe, of course, The Handsomes are probably your next door neighbours! I went to New Mexico once. I liked it. Especially the big thunderstorms and the blue tortilla chips.

August 18, 2005 11:39 AM  
Blogger Joe Fuel said...

Well, thunderstorms are just about all we've got going on here right now. Of course, the blue tortilla chips are always a favorite.

And you're right. Albuquerque (where the band lists their mailing address) is only about three and a half miles away...

August 18, 2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Joe Fuel said...

did I say miles? I meant HOURS. Sorry for the random stupidity.

August 18, 2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger nina h.pixie said...

be still my heart. i love them. theremin and all! and his voice really reminds me of roy harper. i absolutely adore their music-- am buying it, as intstructed ;)

August 27, 2005 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home