Friday, September 02, 2005

Nothing Up My Sleeve...



Oooh. I've just come over all weak at the knees. A kind stranger, Michael B. from foreign shores (ie the grand ol' US of A) just wrote from out of the blue to tell me that he found my CD Houdini in the Apple iTunes Music Shop. This is news to me, 'cause I had no idea it was happening (that's record companies for you). Seems like an opportune time for a plug then.

This is what people who aren't just my friends and family have said about Houdini: [Link]

Sure, it's in the Classical section (wha...?) and it looks like Michael made the first purchase, but heck, it's better than being in the Bargain Bin at K-Mart (isn't it?).

The Cow Instructs: Go buy it. Tell your friends to buy it. Tell them to tell their friends to buy it.

And rest secure in the knowledge that every cent of profit goes toward maintaining my single-malt whisky addiction.

9 comments:

Blogger Chickie said...

I just ordered the cd. Please go have a drink on me.

September 02, 2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger anaglyph said...

Chickie, you're a sweetheart. I hope you like some of the songs. x

September 02, 2005 5:58 PM  
Blogger Joe Fuel said...

I bought it. I just have one question. If you start touring, can I be one of your roadies?

September 02, 2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger Bill C said...

"...mad scientist style"? I'm hooked.

September 02, 2005 11:52 PM  
Blogger r.fuel said...

I'll be checking that out when I get home from work.

September 03, 2005 1:35 AM  
Blogger nina h.pixie said...

Would it be too shallow of me to ask if you might have any sound samples online? Being a musician myself I would love to check out your musics. Also, hubby and I have a radio show here on KPFA (broadcast worldwide at kpfa.org) where we feature works from independent artists. If you're interested in sending us any promo stuff just email me anytime at ninah@ubuibi.org.

September 03, 2005 4:49 AM  
Blogger Joe Fuel said...

Well, sir. I've listened to it. Absorbed and analyzed. And I've made my decision.

I like it, a lot.

Bravo. And thanks for sharing.

September 03, 2005 9:08 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Mine landed in the mailbox today. Some of the songs I liked a lot and some of them I liked even though they left me feeling vaguely disturbed.

Quite entertaining. Nice singing voice you have.

September 13, 2005 5:17 PM  
Blogger anaglyph said...

Thanks Chickie. 'Vaguely disturbed' is not so bad - don't want anyone getting too comfortable now...

September 13, 2005 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home