Saturday, January 28, 2006

Annus Bovis



The Cow is one year old today! Who'da thought I'd ever have enough things to say to keep it going this long? Yeah yeah, hands down at the back. I never said important things to say. If I had important things to say I'd be working on my Pulitzer.

Well, it appears to be de rigeur on media anniversaries to revisit the year that has past, so I thought I'd put up some of my favourite posts for nostalgia's sake. There's no rhyme nor reason among them, just a selection of things that took my fancy. Sometimes it's more for the commentary by you guys than the post itself. So I thank you for your wit, your wisdom (although lord knows there's precious little of that) and especially for making me laugh.

Salut!

Bored Housewives: in which a small tragedy is revealed.

Schrodinger's Curry: in which quantum physics does something mysterious and inscrutable. As usual.

Half a Bladder: in which a curious phone message is received.

That Which We Call a Rose...: in which Little Noodle sums it all up in one line, and Joey Polanski made me laugh more than I can say.

Invisible Ink: in which I amuse myself and confuse everyone else.

Flying Pig Shit: in which Internet wisdom is examined and found wanting (surprise!).

Physical Attraction: in which we take a look at Schrodinger's Pussy.

River Deep Mountain High: in which vodka and rancid yoghurt drinks are discussed.

The Metropolis: in which a few people are taken in by my jolly jape.

This Is Not a Hoax: in which the commentary actually had real-life consequences ( Pil & William, I promise you'll love every moment...)

Call Me Reverend: in which I fulfill a life-long ambition.
Well, I won't go any more recent than that. I'm sure you either remember back to at least November, or if you don't, have good reasons for wanting to forget.

Onward into 2006!

Thanks in absentia to Imaginative Icing from whom I stole the image.


13 comments:

Blogger Bill C said...

Congratulations, Reverend. Dem fine writing here, post after post.

Looking forward to what lies ahead, I am. And considering your penchant for bamboozlement I expect lies aplenty. Not that being on my guard will help much.

But still.

January 28, 2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Sefton said...

Happy anniversary, Rev.

"The tetherd cow is my shepherd I shall not doubt..."

January 28, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Joey Polanski said...

Thanks fer th guided toor o th arckives! Happy aniversery too!

May yer first year in th blogosphere have more of a echo than a ducks quack.

January 28, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

I'm looking forward to more fellowship and worship this year at The Cow.

And is it just me or does "Anus Bovis" sound naughty?

January 28, 2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger anaglyph said...

Chickie: Well it does if you spell it like that...

January 28, 2006 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awarded a celebratory four Golden Udders by the Piha Contingent

January 28, 2006 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Reverend
May your japes & rages never end.
When I read your posts, my clever friend
it's as jolly an hour as I ever spend.

January 28, 2006 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

January 29, 2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Oh, I guess that extra "n" does make a difference.

January 29, 2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Joey Polanski said...

Speakin of naughty, how naughty is that spreadeagle udder-shot included in this post?

January 30, 2006 3:27 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That cow is just soooooooo cute! I want one.
Happy Birthday
HooRoo
Rebecca

January 30, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Phi said...

happy birthday!!!
Just wonder where were you when I was in the full of my teenage depression..
I laughed so hard at your posts that I'm going to be fired in less than 2 days.

February 02, 2006 4:20 AM  
Blogger anaglyph said...

phi: Well, all I can say is that a job where they don't appreciate laughter at the antics on Tetherd Cow is not a job worth having. I wish you better luck with your next employer (let me know if you need me to put a word in).

February 02, 2006 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home