Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Off The Air

Folks, I'm really sorry, but Blogger continues to be stuffed. It all seemed to be working this morning and now I've noticed the Comments page isn't loading again and I'm having further formatting problems.

Blogger technical people are being spectacularly unhelpful. There is no information forthcoming about what the problems are, the magnitude of them, or when, or even if they are likely to be fixed. Blogger Status information continues to be completely useless (they haven't even changed the message in two days).

This is immensely frustrating as you can imagine. Because of the bizarre and intermittent nature of the problems, I can't even tell if things are working from one moment to the next.

I'm also extremely busy at the moment and I don't have time to execute my preferred option, which is to migrate The Cow across to some other platform.

As a result I'm going to put the blog on ice for a week or so, so you won't see any posts.

I simply cannot convey the measure of my extreme annoyance at this poor service from Google/Blogger. I can only reiterate what I said before: Google is cruising for a fall. If they can't reliably look after something like Blogger, why would you ever trust them with anything valuable. You have been warned.

Adios for a while.

Peter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home